Thursday 5 May 2011

Photoshoot with a difference - Jumping Croyde!

Recently I was in front of the lens for a surf kayaking photoshoot at Croyde Bay, Devon. The photoshoot was for the promotion of the North Devon area for tourism and also for promoting the Atlantic watersports and Interceltic Games which is being held in North Devon this summer. The photoshoot was a bit different as we wanted not only surf kayaking pictures on the water but also creative shots on land with my kit (not the sort of thing usually done with kayakers but I'm sure the results will be great!).

A lot of the pictures used the theme of jumping (including jumping my legs through my Robson paddles whilst holding them!). We also had artificial lighting on the beach to create some great effects.







The photoshoot and interview with me was one of a few featuring top local athletes such as surfers, a windsurfer and a kitebuggy rider. These will go towards some national media articles.

It was really great working with such a creative photographer (Roy Riley – www.royriley.co.uk). I’m really looking forward to seeing the results!
  

Philip Watson